Cashelnagore, Gweedore, County Donegal, Ireland
This railway station opened on the 9th March 1903 when the Derry City and Lough Swilly Railway opened their Letterkenny and Burtonport Extension Railway, from Letterkenny to Burtonport.
The railway station provided employment for the local people at the time. The train was used by people travelling to Scotland to work and to travel to places like Letterkenny or the Lagon. People would have taken the train to Creeslough on market days too. They would have purchased pigs and poultry and take them back home on the train. In those years it was a very convenient method of transport.
Unfortunately, in later years the Cashelnagore Railway Station had to close. A much more convenient method of transport had come into operation – the buses. It was the Lough Swilly and Waterside Railway Station who first introduced the buses and the buses became known as the Lough Swilly Buses. The Railway station closed on 6 January 1947